Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Where I'm From


I am from Bananas and Tangos.
 I am from sweltering sunny days
 and white sandy beaches. 
I am from exotic plants(So many I can not recall) 
I am from saturday night movies
 and Risk every other day. 
From Malecon 2000 
my heart beats faster every time I’m near it. 
I am from Ale que Chevere and my Caleta. 
I am from he changed me
and made me a better person.
 From Sundays night only means one thing. 
I am from the big city of Guayaquil 
where its eat or be eaten
 and from you’d better watch your back.
 I am from Seco De Pollo 
 and Pan de Yuca
From Mom’s passionate hugs
 and from logical debates with dad. 
I am from picture books of my youth, 
which will always be treasured and enjoyed.
I am from political unrest
and the corruption of Ecuador
to the political soundness of Switzerland  

1 comment:

  1. This is really good, you show a lot about yourself. The ending is hilarious but also so true.

    ReplyDelete