We had the most bizarre winter that year--Atticus said it was the coldest weather since 1885. Which differed from the usual sweltering heat in Maycomb County. People say that bad things happen in 3s and oh boy can I confirm that. It all started with old Mrs. Radley’s death. Jem and I thought that Boo had conspired to take her life and that he would soon be arraigned. As soon as Atticus got back from the Radley house we started to interrogate him, but sadly he told us that she died of natural causes.
Another incident soon followed. Next morning I awoke to the end of the World or so I thought. My screams woke Atticus he rushed to my room, I asked him what was happening and he said saying “its just snowing". I couldn’t quite apprehend the concept of snow in Maycomb County. School was canceled, considering it hadn’t snowed since 1885. Jem and I conspired to build a snowman but we reckoned that we didn't have enough snow. Luckily Miss Maudie let us borrow her snow. But even with that we still didn’t have enough. Soon after Jem can up with a clever plan by, making the base with dirt and then covering the rest up with snow. We made the snowman look like Mr. Avery. we gave the snowman a meticulous check so that it looked just like him. Time elapsed and Atticus arrived; he complimented our work and boy did Jem ears redden with pride when Atticus complimented him, yet he told us we had to disguise the fellow. so Jem stole Miss Maudie’s hat and placed it on top of him our work was done.
Since bad things come in 3s it was imminent that another bizarre would follow. I was awoken by Atticus he told me to put on my robe and go outside. Once I went outside I saw what Atticus what talking about poor Miss Maudie’s house was in flames, it was total anarchy outside. It was extremely calamitous, people were going crazy not sure of what to do. All the men were trying to help, the house was being embellished in flames and poor Mr. Avery was shackled inside the house not being able to get out. I closed my eyes i could’t bare to watch. I soon opened then when Jem told me he had gotten out but he had fallen poor Mr. Avery I said to myself. People left after a while. Atticus looked at me awkwardly before asking me whose blanket I had on. I was so distracted by the incident that I hadn’t noticed that I had a blanket on that wasn’t even ours. I looked at Jem for an answer but he looked just as confused as I did. Jem broke the silence by saying that Mr. Nathan was in the fire. but then Jem went nuts and started babbling about the cement that Mr. Nathan put in the tree, and about his pants. I was shocked I was thinking Jem what the hell are you doing luckily-- Atticus had not understood a single word he said. Then it was my turn to go crazy “Jem, Boo Radley put the blanked on you” said Atticus. I was shocked out of my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment