If you only knew, you would say that I did it out of jealousy, say that I did it just so that I wouldn’t ever have to deal with him again, and some people say I did it to scare him. Believe me, I did it out of profound love for Katrina.
It all started out with Ichabod Crane courting Katrina. I abhorred him, That pig did not deserve such a wonderful presence. He obviously wanted to marry her for her looks and her riches. Ichabod Crane could never support the affable Katrina, he was a homeless teacher that could barley even sustain himself. So then I decided that I had to take action and end this nonsense once and for all.
Old Mr. Francis the Sage of the town always talked about the headless horseman that roamed the town people believe that he was a Hessian soldier that haunted the town. So thats when my i got my brilliant idea. One of my many qualities is that I am excellent on a horse so I decided that I would dress up as the horseman and scare that wretched Ichabod Crane away. My Idea did much more that I had planed.
I had it all figured out. Ichabod was a reclusive so he lived in the outskirts of town. I followed Ichabod Crane on the way home it was very dark and all you could hear was the sound of the forest, After he gained some distance on me I started going after him, he heard me and in a tremulous tone said “who is there, I’m not afraid”. I could barley contain my laughter of pleasure. I kept on chasing him. After what seemed like a interminable chase something happened. I heard Ichabod Crane fall an the the last thing I heard was his haunting scream of hopelessness jumped of my horse and ran to were I last hear him the only thing I could see was a trail of red blood. I was scared I couldn’t believe I had killed Ichabod Crane I only intended to scare him away from Katrina “Ichabod are you there” I said in a scared tone, “I only wanted to scare you” I said but no answer the only thing you could hear were the insects chirping and the sound of the wind.
I rode home in utter silence. Once I got there I said that I had seen the Headless Horseman chase Ichabod Crane, chase him until his death. Luckily most people believed me because of my reputation. Ichabod Crane’s scream haunted me for years, his thick red blood and his paralyzing scream, maybe it haunted me because nobody knew that I had killed him.
eventually I proposed to Katrina in the woods were Ichabod Crane had died and she with tears in her eyes agreed even though she didn’t look so happy about it. A little while after we were married the. Who knew that on the day of our wedding Ichabod Crane was going to be the one to ruin my day. Right before we were pronounced husband and wife somebody entered the Chapel and screamed “ I bring news Ichabod Crane is not dead”. I felt the world slow down I had mixed emotions. I was relived that he hadn’t died yet somehow he seized my special day and all the attention diverted to him. When I turned around to see Katrina’s face she was calm and composed. I asked her why aren’t you startled about the new”
“ I have to tell you something, you see Ichabod Crane entreated me to marry him after you did I said no, but he told me not to tell anybody his visit and so I didn’t.”
I couldn’t stand it, I was furious that she hadn’t told me. I came to the conclusion that maybe it would have been better if he had died on that cold night.
No comments:
Post a Comment